The 6th European Seminar on Velomobile Design takes place Friday, October 16th 2009, 10:00 – 16:00 in a conference room “Fabrikken” in Christiania (http://www.christiania.org/). See the map of the former military barracs area. Christiania is today a site for “alternative living”. Cars are not permitted inside this area, and Christiania has many bicycles. The famous carrier cycle “Christiania Bike” was born here, as well as the “Copenhagen Pedersen”. Christiania has many restaurants and bars.
On Saturday, October 17th, all participants are invited to take part in a demonstration and sightseeing tour through Copenhagen, ending with a press conference.
Registration, fee and accomodation
No prior registration is necessary. The seminar participants register at the entrance to the conference room and pay a small fee of 20 Euro. Accomodation can be found in Copenhagen and suburbs at very moderate prices (15–30 Euro). There are special low prices for groups in Hostels. Please check http://www.visitcopenhagen.com. It is recommended to make an early reservation.
Here’s the list of people presenting their papers, in no particular order (not even related to order of presentation):
- Ingo Kollibay, Germany
- Four-Wheeled Velomobiles
- Antal Joó / Gabor Joó, Hungary
- Possibility and Situation of Velomobile Riding in Hungary
- Jürgen Eick, Germany
- Twenty Years of Experience with the Velomobile Leitra
- Simon Bailey, England
- CabrioVelo™ and WeatherVelo™ – velomobiles for practical daily use
- Suhas Malghan, USA
- Design and Development of the Turanga Velomobile
- Andreas Fuchs, Switzerland
- Principles of Human-Electric Hybrid Drives for HPVs
- John Tetz, USA
- Light and Quiet Velomobiles with Foam Shell
- Harald Winkler, Germany
- 12 kg velomobile made by Meufel-technology
- Carl Georg Rasmussen, Denmark
- Velomobile aerodynamics – side wind effect and operation limits
- Sylvain Lemoine, France
- Le Vélomobile accessible à tous
- Paulus den Boer, Netherlands
- Velomobiles in traffic
For more details, see the list of papers with abstracts.